[Dailydrool] Maggie Mae (My Tri-Colored Pearl)

CANDY DUSEK via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun May 3 14:53:18 PDT 2015

Maggie Mae (My Tri-Colored Pearl)

Run free my little diva girl,

You’ll forever be my tri-colored pearl.

You faithfully watched me and constantly followed,

You’re no longer here, and my heart is hollowed.

The sweetest face I’ve ever seen,

With soulful eyes and the countenance of a queen.

You were the master at giving “the look”,

Antics and all, my heart was held on your hook.

You bossed and you roared, but I loved it all,

Amazed that such a force
resided in something so small.

They say we only once have a heart dog, and precious girl,
you were mine,

Your every wish was granted by a persistent emitted whine.

At the fragile age of 15, you still ruled the roost,

When you could no longer conquer the couch, you were given a
boost

My love for you I couldn’t contain,

And in my heart you’ll always remain.

I  walk through the
house with you no longer watching me,

And now know how lonely that dreaded day would be.
Candy Dusek
lovebassets at hotmail.com
p.s.  If you are on the Facebook site, you probably have already seen this poem I wrote for my Maggie Mae.