[Dailydrool] Gentle Leader

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu May 7 04:07:05 PDT 2015

I don't know much  about the Halti (gentle leader).
I would go back to puppy training methods.
Lots and lots of good treats.
Put the leash on and follow the dog, praising and giving treats. Keep
sessions short and happy. Make yourself much more fun than being stubborn.
Never pull. Go with the dog for now.
After the dog is ok with this, step two is, of course you know all this--
bribing--uh--training the dog to follow YOU by using treats and praise.
Remember to praise. Remember DO NOT PULL THE DOG. Keep it light. happy,
bouncy, fun and SHORT.

It'll work. Just be patient------------------oops I hafta go there's a
bunny to be chased!

Love an Drool