[Dailydrool] too much excitement

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat May 9 05:04:08 PDT 2015

We had way too much excitement on Thursday. All three dogs were outside.
Then Bugsey came inside. When Beauford came inside, he was overheated. So I
called Browyn. She didn't come. That is unusual. So, Bugsey and I went to
look for her. Open gate, no Browyn. I closed the gate on Bugsey and looked
in the immediate area. Nope. No Browyn. I got Bugsey back inside and called
Tim. He couldn't get away from work. No problem. I posted her on the two
local faebook pages with pictures and my phone number. I don't like putting
my phone number on facebook, but she doesn't wear a collar since she almost
killed Bugsey wrestling with a collar on. I barely get to the pond and Tim
is coming home. He decides to use Beauford to track Browyn. He did a pretty
good job until he overheated again. Tim called me and I went to bring
Beaford home to cool him off. About that time I get a phone call. A lady
had seen Browyn on a semi busy street and she had stopped her car and
helped her pass. Then she called me with her current location. Tim had just
pulled up with no idea where to look. So we went to get Browyn. She ran off
but another guy made sure she didn't cross under the the busy road on the
golf cart path. Between the lady, her daughter, the man, Tim and me, we had
her well surrounded. I just sat down and called her in my sweetest voice
and she came to me. Total time gone-the longest 3 hours of my life. At
least I was able to convince Tim to put the padlocks on the gates. I was
pretty sure that the 3.5 year old neighbor kid opened the gate. Well,
yesterday he was totally frustrated because he couldn't get the gate open
with the lock on it.

The ironic thing is the lady never goes that way and she seldom looks at
facebook, but she was a little early picking up her daughter, and so she
was looking at it and she saw my post. Then she went a different way home
and she saw the dog in the post! I am just so grateful that people took the
time to help us catch her. As you know, I don't have escaped dogs often,
and I would be devestated if anything happened to any of them.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess
timandjenmartin at gmail.com