[Dailydrool] Houdini Hounds

Lisa K. Metzler via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat May 9 15:48:06 PDT 2015

Browny, tell Mom and dad to check out putting some springs on those pesky gates.  They will help to pull the gate closed so that it can lTch and Fairy Princesses don't escape quite so easily. (You might have to use your fairy wings to get out...)

I had a Houdini Cocker Spaniel named Tapioca years ago, who managed to escape via a neighbor kiddo who left a gate ajar. She was smart enough to figure that out, and off she went.  Unfortunately, she met with disaster in a busy intersection because she was deaf as a post, poor thing.  It was the vet who treated (and ultimately euthanized her) who suggested the springs.  He had a Lab that used to get out the same way.

I believe there are several sizes/strengths of these springs, depending on the weight of the gate.  I put the heaviest springs on my gates here, and so far, no escapees in spite of the Culligan man, exterminator, propane guy, and yard guy. I'd rather work to get the gate open than have it not snap back and latch.  Spring latches help, too.

Drool to all in need...  Sadly, there are too many of you who need it.  I wish the best outcomes for all!

And, Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there--human AND furkid Moms!!

Lisa Metzler (toppogigio at yahoo.com)
Addie, Madison, Annie-the-Energizer-Bagel, Ariel, and Rocky
...and Penelope, Jasmine, and Pelly (ATB)

Sent from my iPad