[Dailydrool] OMD, Harley is turning into Commander Bo

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu May 14 19:25:59 PDT 2015

OMD, Harley is turning into Commander Bo. channeling? Demonic possession--no, that can't be it; Bo was an angel--just an extremely particular, demanding angel.  Harley, who has never gotten me up in the morning in our nine years of shared household, now rouses me at six oclock sharp for breakfast and outs. Granted, he doesn't bellow--he snuggles up and kisses and nuzzles me awake, but the intent is clear. He remains housetrained for large loads but pees as he pleases, as did his brother, Bo, toward the end of Bo's life, so Harley now sports fashionable diaper suits as well. And come five oclock dinner time, Harley seeks me out and bellows at me until I snap to. Ditto with last call walkies and empty water dishes and "you' e been sewing too long, take a break and scratch my belly". Harley used to just quietly come settle next to me until I noticed him and responded. No more. "Slave, off your butt and serve me!" He is still fantastically lovable and seems exceptionally well for a diagnosed deathly ill dog, but his changes in behavior are so BO! Our vet still calls him "Happy Harley" since he is always wagging, even when absolutely DEMANDING something NOW.
Not sure what to make of it. Well behaved foster Mila seems to be scratching her head, but has not followed suit....yet. Val vlbzwick at yahoo.com