[Dailydrool] OTCs +

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun May 24 19:30:50 PDT 2015

​Hint: buy a 6 cc syringe no needle to keep or several. If you need to give
hydrogen peroxide, give 3 ccs and follow with 3 ccs of water. Keep going
until the dog vomits. It's much easier than a spoon. You can clean it and
use it to lavage a wound with water to wash out dirt and debris BEFORE you
get to the Vet.

 Benadryl. The dose for Benadryl is probably about the same as for a 60
pound child if you cannot reach a Vet. Bee stings, allergies, severe
allergic reactions BEFORE you get to the Vet.​

​GasX: simply never leave home with your dog without it.

baby aspirin. I have never given it but I know it can be used. I do not
know the dosage. Minor aches and pains AFTER you have cleared it with your
Vet.

QuikStop, Styptic Pencil: broken nails or nails cut too short. Beware:
Broken nails are very tender. Do not try to touch a broken nail if it is
broken high on the nail and/or bleeding badly. Wrap it in something, secure
it with a dab of duct tape and head for the Vet. Usually they cut it off
above the break and it hurts. Don't try it.

SuperGlue: Yeah go ahead and laugh. But I am here to tell you that you can
actually glue a sliced Basset ear together and it will heal. Make sure it
has stopped serious bleeding and is dry before you glue. Little Hint here:
DON'T HOLD THE GLUED EAR WITH YOUR FINGERS or you will be much more
attached to your dog than you have ever been before. Also works on
short-cut nails.

Dramimine, Bonine Ginger snaps--for car sickness.

Remember your Vet is your best line of defense. If in doubt, ask the pros.

MomPerson to Llewis, Conley & Doc​

(Conley says  "Youse guys da soopergloo fing reely works. I gotted my eer
gloot an it worked good. Liddel hint: for good laff shake you hed while you
eer bleeding an da stuff go all ober da place. Bwaaahahahahahahahahaha")