[Dailydrool] Texas Flooding

Lisa K. Metzler via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue May 26 14:59:35 PDT 2015

Hi, Droolers!

Central Texas is a mess after the holiday weekend, and our "weather dudes" (and gals) tell us that it isn't over yet--more is on the way for the coming weekend.  That is about the last thing central Texas needs, but God has other plans.  Your good thoughts and prayers are greatly welcomed and appreciated.

My Houndie Crew and I are all safe and dry on our hill, just above a normally-trickling-but now-actively-flowing creek and an earth catchement dam which is doing its job.  While the hounds are a bit miffed about it being wet and soggy in their yard, and keep looking at me as if to say, "Turn it off, Mom", they have not had any fear issues despite a lot of rumbling thunder and lightning strikes a bitt too close to the house for my comfort.  We can get in and out of our neighborhood, have access to a grocery store, and have had no breaks in telephone, cell phone, internet, power or water supplies.  We are extremely fortunate.  The only thing we need is dry weather...the sooner the better.

Our neighbors in lower-lying areas of San Marcos and out west of us in Wimberley have not been nearly as fortunate.  There is great damage to roads and bridges, as well as many homes which were flooded, or, in too many cases, completely swept off of their foundations by the raging waters.  There are a couple of families missing...  One bright spot in the devastation is that the dog belonging to one family has been found alive and surprisingly well--up in a tree!  She was reunited with other family members.

The Texas A&M veterinary school has sent their mobile emergency clinic to Wimberley to help out there with pets and livestock as needed.  But local shelters are filling to overflowing with displaced pets, and many are also struggling with their own flooding issues, and need fosters.  The rescues are picking up animals as well, and are also in need of fosters.

I'm sure there are other Drooler family members in the area.  Please cgpheck in here or on Facebook and let us know that you are okay and if you are in need of anything.

Drool and prayers to all who are in need.  Somebody, please tell the Management Team at The Bridge that it's time to close those gates for a little while...

Lisa Metzler (toppogigio at yahoo.com)
Addie, Annie, Ariel, Madison, and Rocky
...and
Penelope, Jasmine, and Pelly (ATB)