[Dailydrool] URGENT: Basset in need, Colorado Springs!!

Brenda Waldrop via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed May 27 18:12:30 PDT 2015

I just received a call from a friend of mine in Colorado Springs.  They
were at the Chapel Hills Mall and they went into Pet City to get kitty
litter.  They said that in the back of the store they have a basset hound
puppy, covered in its own feces, with ribs showing.  They said the buppy
looked so bad that they almost bought it, but they didn't want to support a
store that treats puppies that way, so they contacted me to see if there
was anything Rescue could do.  Is there??  I think my friends would be
willing to pay for the buppy if a rescue would take it, and while I abhor
the idea of supporting puppy mills, I also don't want to see a buppy
suffering.

So is there anyone in the Colorado Springs area who can help with this?
Can the local rescue go check it out?  They were afraid to call animal
control because A- they didn't know if animal control would do anything,
and B- they didn't want the pet store to destroy the "evidence"!

This is the information on the store:
Pet City
Chapel Hills Mall, 1710 Briargate Blvd
Colorado Springs, CO