[Dailydrool] Email's been hacked

R Groves via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun May 3 14:09:31 PDT 2015

While grateful to know, more beneficial, though possibly embarrassing, would
be to share with the group if you know how they got you.

Was it a weak password?
Did you use your phone's wifi in public places and they listened into your
traffic?
Same for a laptop or other smallish (tablet) devices?
Did you click that video that told you you didn't have the right codec and
needed to install this special new one?

I mean, while no one would fault you for having an email password of "I luv
bassets" its effects to know innocent words were turned against us and that
we need to be more unique, are more purposeful serving to the rest of us
that might now choose something like "bstlvr4l!f3with2bouys1gurl", or we
need to be less trusty of "Xfinitity Wifi" etc., or that you found out there
really is no new "Bassets, The Movie" coming out.

If you don't ask "how did it happen to me" you'll never be any more safe on
the net.

Just my two security cents worth.

-Robert