[Dailydrool] Coconut Oil

K. Green via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue May 19 13:24:58 PDT 2015

Hi Marlene,

We give 1/2 tsp with each meal (2x/day)- but start with only about 1/4
tsp/day and gradually increase up to a full tsp a day. It really seems to
help my hounds with skin issues - no hot spots, less itching and chewing,
overall maybe even less shedding. Hard to say on that one though.

We use the organic coconut oil in the glass jar from Trader Joe's - it's
only $5.99. Other brands should be fine too, just make sure it's organic
and doesn't have ingredients other than coconut oil.

I keep ours at room temp so it's easier to scoop. In the summer though it
turns to pure liquid, so I'll periodically refrigerate it.

I also have a little jar with some in it, along with a few drops of
lavender. I apply it to the hounds when they do occasionally get a hot spot
or skin irritation.

It's good for you too. For skin, teeth, hair - I've even heard of people
using it to wash their face. I haven't tried that one yet though for fear
of acne. :)

Best of luck, we can't wait to hear all about baby Hannah.
Kacy with Cow and Ru