[Dailydrool] senior hound dental procedures

Wendie Prince via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri May 22 14:57:57 PDT 2015

Hi all,
On dentals.  I think it the older hound has good bloodwork, a dental should
be done, if needed.
Most of the seniors we get into Senior Houndsabound have been neglected with
their vet care.
Their teeth are usually pretty bad.  I feel like my first senior hound,
Sunny passed cause I did not know enough to get her a dental, even at her
age.  That was many years ago and maybe she would have lived longer, maybe
not, but she had horrific teeth when I got her,  got those taken care of and
should have been more on top of her mouth issues, but I just was not.  I do
not know for certain, but have always felt a tooth infection got bad and
into her system and she crashed and I lost her.
In today's times,  we do dentals, unless I feel like the hound is in
decline.  The anesthesia they use, mostly propafal (SP?)   is much more
gentle on them and they wake up quicker.    I feel like a good mouth can
really get them feeling much better!

This is only my experience with my hounds and as the clueless Mom person
says, is worth what you paid for it!

Aroos from the Bounders and me

Wen
Houndsabound at cfl.rr.com