[Dailydrool] Bounder Hank, ATB

houndsabound via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Nov 1 11:05:08 PST 2015

HI all,

It has been a really bad week around here.   Hounds ill and we had to let
Hank go this morning.  He had been diagnosed with heart issues,  we have
known about the murmur for some time. I cannot think of the exact word the
vet used.   He also came down with pancreatitis and this morning would not
eat.  The vet also thinks he had some sort of vascular event a few days ago
as his right side had lost significant strength, possibly a stroke but was
told dog strokes are rare.   Does not much matter,  Hanks declined pretty
rapidly from all these issues and today his energy was really low.  I took
him in, not thinking about letting him go, but the murmur had gotten really
bad, from what the vet said and I made a decision to let him go rather than
watching him slip away.  He could hardly stand.  Pat and I were with him,
and he went really fast.  I know he is very happy again, although our hearts
are hurting.

I will pick him up from the crematory this afternoon,  and he will be home
where he belongs.

Hank was one of those very special hounds that just has everything you love
about Bassets.   He is very missed and loved,

We did not expect this weekend to end this way,  did not see this coming and
had hope he would recover, but it was not to be.

Dawg bless you all and all your beloved hounds,

Wen and the Bounders