[Dailydrool] Evil smoke alarm

K. Green via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Nov 4 16:25:55 PST 2015

This morning our smoke alarm started beeping as if the battery needed to be
changed.  I was getting ready for work when I heard the first little beep.

Ok, I think, we need to change the battery.

As I keep blowdrying my hair, I hear a second beeeep. Whatever, it's not
that loud.

Then I hear James holler at me asking me to take down the smoke alarm.
Okaaaay,  I am getting ready for work. Give me a few minutes.

Another beeeeep....by now James is YELLING at me to hurry up and take it
down.

Geez, get out bed and do it yourself! I need a step stool to reach it so of
course another minute passes while I grab a step stool, and yet another
slightly more obnoxious beeeeep.

"Just come hold Rupert and I'll do it!! He's practically having a
seizure!!"

Oooooh, that's the hurry. My bad. :) We get the damn thing off the wall,
comfort Rupey for a few minutes before he stops shaking and off to work I
go....only a little late. Can I use FMLA for my neurotic dog who can't
handle smoke alarms?

Drool on,
Kacy with Cow (what's the big deal, it's just a beepy thing) and Ru (Oh my,
oh my, the world is ending. Hold me!)