[Dailydrool] Mariah of Hawaii checking in

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Nov 7 16:17:11 PST 2015

this is Mariah of Hawaii checking in. i have discovered a very interesting thing. I am smarter than most of my peers. I am not quite certain what to make of this, but it is striking.

There is a little frou-frou dog, Gucci, (maltese-shih-tzu-pomeranian mix?) who lives on the other side of our fence. He loves me and my sister, and we like to play with him too. He is small enough to squeeze through where the gate on his yard meets the post, which is in the middle of his front yard. But we are on the side of his yard. He is too dumb to go to the front of his yard, escape, and then come over to our gate and ask to be let into our yard. When I am out on a leash, I lure him from the side of his yard to the front gate, then wait for him to squeeze through, but Mom is always there and returns him to his owners. dumb pup. if he'd just let himself out and come over, Mom would certainly just let him into our yard before notifying his parents.

Secondly, I regularly raid my dad's backpack for leftovers from his lunches. I have figured out how to open tupperware containers, whether they are pry-off or screw-off. No one has seen me do this, but the empty, non-mutilated containers are proof. Dad says I must have opposable thumbs. (I don't, though my feet are kind of funky with a toe on top of each of the back ones). My sister, Mila, can only play football with the tupperware containers until I open them for her.

I adore my sister. We recently heard that her stay with us is extended until at least next April. I am hoping she is here forever. we race around and wrestle on and off every day. if it turns out she can't stay, you can be sure I'll make my mom and dad get me a new playmate. it is possible that I might make them apply for MENSA first, though. Mariah of Hawaii, with mom, Val, dad, Bill, and basset houseguest sister, Mila (who does not have cancer, Yay!)