[Dailydrool] Things I've learned from my bassets

Dale via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Nov 19 18:26:49 PST 2015

Hi all, dale here

1). Bassets are not dogs.  They are likely aliens done up, and rather poorly I might add, to look something like a dog. Acts more like a cat than a dog though

2). They understand every stinking word you say. And communicate quite effectively themselves with grunts squeaks wags howls wiggles and facial expressions to beat the band too

3). Expect the unexpected.  All bassets have a reach that will surprise you and some can fly

4). You can loose your heart your soul your will and your all to your basset. Quite easily in fact

5). Bassets have no desire to please you unless you are somehow broken in which case there are times when they and only they can fix you and in those times they will insist on doing it even if you protest. Maybe especially if you protest

6). Bassets are completely impractical decidedly high maintenance expensive and also quite addictive. Which is why I now have three

More later from Dale aka the clueless momPerson who was had down at the pound and wound up a basset lady quite by accident.

Sent from Snoopys iPaw