[Dailydrool] A Daily Drool basset quilt for the rescue of the winner/buyer's choice

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Nov 24 17:24:05 PST 2015

Ooh, Sue, love the basset fabric.

I was thinking. there are a lot of us Droolers who are quilters. I think it would be fun to put together a Daily Drool quilt for auction or raffle, whichever. Whoever gets the quilt decides which rescue the money for the quilt goes to.

to make the quilt, any of us who are quilters would simply make a 12.5 inch square (12 inch finished) that features bassets in some way. could be a block of basset fabric, a T-shirt pellon-backed block, an embroidered block, an Indian star or log cabin with a basset square in the middle.  If droolers send me the blocks, I'll combine them and turn them into a quilt. what do you think?

For a few years now, every year I make a basset quilt for some rescue. You can see my work at www.vlbzwick.com   I've done Bed quilts for Arizona (2), Montana, Daphneyland, can't recall others off the top of my head, and pet portraits for a few others.  I have basset fabric myself and will be doing next year's sometime after February, when a show I'm coordinating closes.

if you are a quilter and you'd like to do this, let me know. I know a handful of you. I think it would be lots of fun.

the fact that The buyer/winner of the quilt can choose the rescue that the money goes to would be an added benefit, as even tiny little rescues could score.  Aloha,Val of Hawaii vlbzwick at yahoo.com