[Dailydrool] BAGS Hounds

Donna Lindy via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Oct 1 16:50:30 PDT 2015

I forgot to mention in my post about $5 Friday that October 2
but we accept donations through Monday, October 5th. Email
dlindy at mac.com for more info on donating.

Just 3 of the 25 seniors in BAGS care:

Miss Julie is my southern belle from Tennessee. She came to BAGS with her sister June, who found themselves in the pound when their owners didn't have time for them.  The girls are 12 years old, and Julie is the protector of her sister, who is blind. Julie often acts like she is 5 instead of 12. She likes to run and play, and has a favorite teddy bear that is never far from her. Julie is young at heart, but her vet care had been neglected for many years. She recently had 15 abscessed teeth removed and 2 non cancerous growths from her mouth. She had a swollen muzzle, but ice cream made everything better! Last Saturday, just a couple days after her surgery, Julie had complications and had emergency surgery for excessive bleeding. She lost a lot of blood, and also bit her tongue that had to have many stitches. She is recovering well and feeling much more like carrying around her teddy bear.Julie is happily barking again, she likes to hear herself and to make certain everyone else hears her too! She is still enjoying a soft diet, and ice cream and yogurt.  During Julie's pre-op testing it was discovered that her aging heart is very large and needs daily meds. Julie is often the first one to rise and shine, before the sun rises. She likes to live each day to the fullest, and we love her vibrant personality!

Our little Junebug! June is 12 years old, and Julie's sister. They were left at the pound in Tennessee, the relinquish paper signed and sealed saying "not enough time for them." June's eyes had been removed sometime during her lifetime, but no information was included about their lives. June has happily adapted and has no problem navigating throughout her forever home at BAGS. She has claimed one of the couches as her throne, and when she knows it's "eat time" she puts her front paws on the arm of the couch and sings a song! We have wind chimes hanging at the back door, by the doggie door, to help, in case she gets confused. Julie is never far from her sister either. June had 11 teeth removed, which makes eating and snack time much more enjoyable. She may be blind, but she is not slow. She can scurry off the couch in record breaking time when it's time to clean her ears. June just loves her BAGS brother Maxwell, who she can usually find outside in the sandbox or on his cushion in the sun. She will stand by him and happily bark and wag her tail at him and want to lay beside him. It's a good thing she can't see Maxwell roll his eyes at her! June loves to share her couch with  mommy or daddy by crawling up on a lap and enjoying all the bellyrubs, ear scratches and kisses you can share.

China is our "Sweet 16" basset girl. She is another Southern Belle that our rescue friends from the South, Bellyrubs Basset Rescue, was alerted that this sweet soul was left at the pound by relatives when her owner passed away. China's pound photo broke many hearts, and she was rescued in record time. Many volunteers helped China arrive in Ohio within days. She left pawprints on everyone's heart she met.China is blind, her ears don't work very well either, but her personality and appetite are right on the money! She naps most of the time. She doesn't always venture outside, she finds her pee pee pads that we keep in supply. Other days, she will head outside and enjoy the yard, sniffing and exploring. China Bear's health is pretty good. Eye drops and heart medicine are taken daily. Earlier this year, she gave us a scare with vestibular disease, but she made a full recovery! She is a pleasant girl, who loves kisses and massages. She and Maxwell like the same beds. Every night, they both have a conversation, sometimes loudly to discuss which one will sleep in the chosen bed. Even though there are many to choose from, I think they just like to argue a little bit, like typical siblings. China has the best donkey kicks with her back legs! She isn't a fan of her nails being trimmed. It takes the vet and 2-3 helpers to accomplish this. She is little but mighty!  China often likes to let everyone know that she is the oldest resident of BAGS, and what she says, should always be respected. We love our China Bear!

Donna, drool fueler for Bosley and Sunny
dlindy at mac.com