[Dailydrool] Beds, Dadperson & my senior patients

CenturyLink Customer via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Oct 5 16:05:37 PDT 2015

Having this many aging bassets and a 13  year old weimeraner, I can say they sleep on a variety of beds ranging from bathmats to mattress style beds. We do have two memory foam beds that I purchased for my  Cecilia and Toffee a few years ago. They were both about 13 years and arthritic as well as dealing with cancer. They loved them and were more comfortable after they got them. Jasmine, who left us a few months ago, took over the smaller one when she became ill at age 12 1/2. Megan the Talldog uses the largest one to sleep on in Dadperson's bedroom. She is on tramadol and vetprofen for her arthritis and bad hips. These beds have a thick memory foam layer sandwiched between two layers of egg crate foam. So they're sort of a hybrid memory foam bed but maybe that's what makes them so comfortable. I don't have any beds with just memory foam in them. I bought them at Walmart. I'm thinking the larger one was around $50. They've held up well and the covers are removable and washable. I put a plastic trash bag over the foam when the hounds became somewhat incontinent during their illnesses.

Good news for my three senior patients. It's taken about 8 weeks but Sheradyn is walking and getting up on her own although she moves alot slower she is doing better. Her ear infection is almost cleared up and she have her broken molar removed soon. Lacey's infection from the foxtails she ate is also better and she needs a tooth pulled that had abscessed because a foxtail got imbedded in her gums. Dazzle will need her stiches removed in a few days. So far o good. After some new meds and ointment to apply to the itchy spots her incisions are healing nicely. I'll just keep dropping off money at the vets till the bill gets paid off!

Our Dadperson has been scheduled for his third and fourth surgeries of this year. His neurosurgeon is going to do them both at the same time. Hopefully they will be the last surgeries that he'll need for a while. He's definitely not looking forward to another long recovery and neither am I but it has to  be done to prevent his cervical vertebrae from collapsing onto his spinal chord. Two very complicated procedures.

Take care everyone. We'll keep on drooling.

Thank you all for sending drool our way. It sure makes a difference

Jacqie and The Lowdown Senior Hounds of Oakrydge

oakrydgebh at q.com