[Dailydrool] You can't fix

Sally King via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Oct 7 04:23:44 PDT 2015

Wearing my Basset Welfare hat yesterday, I got a call from a couple who bought a 12-month-old dog, a month ago, after it had already had three other homes (and almost certainly came from a puppy mill). As soon as they got him, they went on holiday, leaving him at a friend's house. Now they were facing behaviour issues.
Then today, my next door neighbour was busy telling me that last Christmas she bought a puppy for her children. She researched it very carefully and went all the way to Wales to a "good" breeder, but every time the kids touched it, she panicked that they would get sick from dog diseases, so she had to rehome it.
And my daughter came home from a weekend with Uni friends spitting feathers because one of them was all excited because her flat mate had bought a Chihuahua and thought it would be "fun" to have puppies. The dog was now almost due to pup and although one works full time and the other is always staying with her boyfriend, it was going to be such fun and so amazing.....
I did get my daughter to warn her stupid friend that the Chihuahua may well need a caesarean, but frankly I could just weep right now.
Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK