[Dailydrool] I think the bridge is calling Violeta

VIRGINIA OLIVEIRA via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Oct 7 15:06:14 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

The horrible day that I have been dreading seems to be arriving.
Dadperson says that Violeta hasn't eating.
It the last few months we need to give her chicken, and even now she has lost a lot of way.
Dadperson has been so nervous not knowing what to do.
She has had congenial heart failure for around three years and having been doing ok.
But now she just sleeps. For a few few days she just eat treats.
Today dadperson bought her some sirloin, the ones that come chopped already in a little tray. She ate well half of the little tray. A few minutes after, she vomited.
So they went to the "new town" vetman, because dadperson wouldn't be in peace while nobody helped, somehow.
The vetman said that they had 2 options: -1 all those exams ( blood work, ultrasound, etc). Dadperson asked : TO FIND WHAT ?(she is 13years and a half). Because at this age we won't treat her, poke her, etc...so they went to the:
2- option : leave her there for 2 days ( today and tomorrow) giving her medicine to stimulate her appetite. And see what happens.
Dadperson doesn't understand anything about dog, other that what Violeta has has ( glaucoma, congestive heart failure).
I have to agree with him. ( and i don't understand much either) .At almost 13 and 6 mths,with all those problems, there is no reason why to bother her with meds and treatments.4
I come to you to find solace. You probably were here when Violeta was a baby, 13 years ago. And thaught me all I know, including what OEBE was ( it was the high time of OEBES).
Dadperson was saying that this is the price we pay for loving and being loved by such a sweet being. The idea of saying goodbye, specially now that they are living 3 hrs from Calgary, hurts. I cannot do it personally.

Please, pray for us. In these times, prayer is the best medicine.
Love,

Virginia with Violeta ( at the Vetspital ) and Xaxa ( in heaven).

Miriam Virginia Oliveira
duda.tuppence at shaw.ca