[Dailydrool] vet clinic burned down

Mr Shannon R Gerdel via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Oct 11 19:26:11 PDT 2015

Hello,

Casper had a wildland/brush fire that burned my veterinarians clinic to the
ground today. They lost cages, instruments, it all disappeared in minutes
due to a 40+ MPH wind driven fire. He is okay, and the animals he got out,
but the rest of it is gone.

I heard it on the scanner, and just cried. His assistant returned my call
hours later, and confirmed that it was gone.

I want to do SOME thing, I'm not even sure what/how/why/when to do though.
If any of you have ideas, please let me know. He's got insurance, but who
knows what that'll cover.

I know about the fundraising sites, forgive me, this has been a tragic
loss, many homes burned, so scary.

I know you've all told me that there's no stupid questions, However- this
might be one..Can I ask vets/Droolers, etc to send simple stuff to give to
him? IE: leashes, collars, cages, even used, so that they have something to
start with?

Compared to so many other parts of the country, this fires tiny, thousands
of acres were NOT lost. But loss is loss. Can I make my home a collection
point for items? He does so much, for so many, I hope I'm making some sense.

Thanks for any info/ideas/suggestions!

Houndie Hugs and Snooter Kisses frum da Caspaw Cwew!

Wots of Drool and love to those that need it!
Yours in Dwool,
Fletcher
Boomer ATB
Babe ATB
"awful awnry" Arnie ATB
Butler Shannon-DDOD (Dat dum ol dad; an absowute, topaw, compwete
BassetCase)

Mr. Shannon R. Gerdel
3583 Meadowlark Drive
Casper WY 82604