[Dailydrool] Howliday Cards on Facebook

Howliday Cards via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Oct 14 14:19:06 PDT 2015

Forgive me for not noting who asked the question, but someone inquired
about sharing the Howliday Card exchange to Facebook. This idea was tossed
around last year, but Facebook is really so large and it is harder to keep
people accountable so it something we are hesitant to broadcast outside of
our list. I believe I posted about it last year in the last week of
sign-ups, in case any longtime droolers were not caught up on their
digests, and wanted to participate.

At this point, I'd rather not do a mass post to Facebook. Let's wait and
see how many sign-ups we get (once sign-ups begin) and then re-evaluate.

If an individual posts about it on the Facebook page, I can't stop you, but
as the current elf/administrator, I will not be broadcasting the sign-ups
until the end, if at all.

On that note though, there are 2 Facebook groups - I believe that the
"Dailydrool.com - the Facebook addition" one is comprised of more actual
Daily Drool droolers; as opposed to the other group (Daily Drool Members)
which is full of random people who just adore basset hounds. Should an
individual choose to post about the howliday card exchange, I ask that you
keep it to the Dailydrool.com group, not the other in order to reign in the
sign-ups and try to maintain some semblance and accountability as this
process goes on. This is not meant to offend anyone - I am a member of both
groups on Facebook - I am just trying to keep this process orderly and it
is hard enough organizing and communicating to our list of droolers, let
alone an entire online community of people that we don't nearly know as
well.

Thanks and feel free to email off list with questions, as I too sometime
fall behind on my digests.

Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert
2015 Howliday Elf
howlidaycards at gmail.com