[Dailydrool] About lack of contact from rescues

Mary Wilson via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Oct 28 13:46:35 PDT 2015

Cindy, isn't it  frustrating to wait! And sometimes frustrating on the
other side too, I'm sure.

In my experience, when people don't answer it's for one of three reasons:
* They're overwhelmed for some reason -- too many emails, or too much spam,
or something personal to them.
* I've entered their email incorrectly. (I used to be the email responder
for a local volunteer organization. Can't count the number of times people
would say to me, "I've emailed you dozens of times! I keep sending emails
to XXX.com and you never respond!" Our email was XXX.ca, so I never saw the
email.
* Something has changed -- the volunteer whose email I'm sending to has
died or quite the organization or moved away and abandoned the email
address.

This isn't always why, of course, but it's worth trying alternative ways to
contact. One thing to do in the case of Las Vegas Basset Rescue would be to
include your email in a post to the Drool, so that if there's someone who
is affiliated on the list they could get in touch with you -- or look them
up on Facebook if you're on FB. (I just did and noticed they have a major
fundraiser scheduled for tomorrow night, so they might just all be busy
with that and not checking emails.)

Just some suggestions -- hope you get a response soon!
Mary (with Paddi B Basset, who never checks her email but checks pee-mail
every time we go past a post)

--
Mary Wilson, BA, MA, PhD
(250) 325-9020