[Dailydrool] not hearing from a rescue

Bob via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Oct 30 10:00:44 PDT 2015

re the not hearing anything from a rescue with this particular event being
las vegas rescue I to agree there are many reasons why this could be

But in particular this case just exactly how long is I have been waiting so
long~~because your forever and mine may be different~~also if you have
yahoo or aol there is a fair to moderate chance its your email server~~

But Las Vegas rescue just had one of their annual events last night~~now I
have never planned an annual event but since everyone is a volunteer (ie
has a real job too) and everyone likely has a family too I imagine they
probably have been just to overwhelmed to answer

And thirdly, and this is only speaking for myself, if I were the person who
would be responsible for the replies and you spelt Basset with two t's like
you did on the daily drool post, you would for sure go to the bottom of my
pile, just saying.

But I do agree it often gets long, when I wanted to adopt when I found
rescue I finally found my own dogs to rescue, in the end mine was a
miscommunication issue~~

I do think a rescue would be wise to have an automated reply set up for
their inquiry email address they are easy to do and I think would actually
save them multiple emails to wade thru~~it could say thank you for your
inquiry since we are planning our event..or since we are all volunteer or
whatever it may be x amount of time till you hear from us but be sure
someone will get back to you.

I think the premise you have to go on is that everyone is doing the best
they can, sometimes that isn't as good as you can do, so why not volunteer
to your local rescue and help them out.  All volunteer means you get some
efficient people and some not so much, but at the end of the day, the
Bassets care and welfare count and yours not so much.  It is what it is.

Kathy