[Dailydrool] Eye Issues

Kenneth Miller via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Oct 17 15:52:53 PDT 2015

> Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 17:59:32 -0400
> From: Chyril Sparks via Dailydrool <dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org>
> To: dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
> Subject: [Dailydrool] Eye issues
>

> Asking for some ?drool for Annabelle. I noticed couple weeks ago that she had bluish haze over her right eye. I knew some dogs get blue haze over their eye and doesn't affect their site. She was doing good until few days ago. She acts as if she has some difficulty setting out the right eye. Noticed today that her third eyelid on right eye is covering the eye protecting it. I placed some eye drops in the eye this morning before laying down, I work nightshift, and all seemed fine. This evening while on our still she walked into parked car, and when I call at her from right side she takes few minutes to see me. The third eyelid is staying over the eye more this evening. We have vet appointment Saturday afternoon. Has anyone else experienced this problem before? She turns 12 next month.?
> Thanks. Healing drool to all those in need.?
> Basset slave to Harley, Annabelle, and Cassie.?Chyril?

Chryil

I cannot agree with Bev more, get Annabelle to the vet as soon as possible. My Bosley had issues with his third eyelid several times, and it just went away within a day, but it was a warning sign that he had glaucoma on its way. When I finally got him in, my vet said he had lost sight in that eye, and made arrangements to see a dog opthomologist at Virginia Tech veterinary school an hour or so later, we took him, a 40 minute drive in the middle of a snowstorm. The vet gave us two options, inject the bad eye to stop the fluid production (which was only successful about half the time) remove the eye and start drops.

Bosley was soon to be 11, we opted for injection, and thus far, that and the expensive drops have been successful. His pressure at the vet just yesterday was 8 in the bad eye, 10 in the good. But the other is going, we know, and his behavior is changing, he is now not a happy boy, or very comfortable.

Do not do any drops unless directed by the vet.

Healing drool is being slung from Virginia! Keep us posted, and if you want too write me off list feel free.

Ken and Beth with Bosley and Edsel (ATB)

k l m i l l e r (at) r e v dot net