[Dailydrool] Culinary notes from Paddi B Basset

Mary Wilson via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Sep 7 17:37:54 PDT 2015

With the harvest season approaching, the basset gourmet has some opinions
on garden produce to share.

Some things are worth eating even if you have to steal them from the
counter or the frig:
Apples. ("I love abbles," says Paddi B Basset. "They are the best thing
ever.")
Tomatoes ("Matoes are not quite as good as abbles, but they are good.
Picking them is fun tho her yells.")
Potatoes ("Tatoes are excellent raw. And fun to dig. Cooked they're so-so.")
Carrots ("Everybuddy likes tarrots.")

Some things are good if someone gives them to you.
Zucchini. ("Keenies aren't bad. Her puts them in our dog food.")
Bananas ("I am not sure about nanas.") Note: These do not grow in our
garden.

Some things aren't food and should not be eaten("Not matter WHAT her
says.")
Parsnips. ("Shudder. Sort of deformed tarrots. Like something really
reeeely bad happened to them.")
Celery. ("Eben when it's just teeny tiny bits and so no nasty strings in
it? Meh.")
Mushrooms. ("Them's fun-guss. We nebber eats fun-guss. Eben when it falls
right on the floor in front of we. Eben if it falled on we's tongue.
Blech.")

​Paddi would love to hear from other food critics!
Mary, scribing for Paddi B Basset
mary.gabriola at gmail.com​