[Dailydrool] The mighty white (and black and brown) hunter

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Sep 12 17:44:18 PDT 2015

Mariah has been hunting geckoes since arriving in Hawaii. she loves to chase them. at night, they seem to sleep on the ceiling, and Mariah spots them, dances on her hind legs, and barks at them. (we are discouraging this). Yesterday, she caught her first one. i saw her prancing across the floor with its tail wiggling out the corner of her mouth. She dropped it on my bed (and I think it got away --since I didn't find any dead geckoes between the sheets or under my pillow--but it is possible that she ate it.) Then, later, she was barking at a six inch long Jackson chameleon in the garden. they aren't very fast, but the chameleon fortunately jigged its way along through the fence, bless it (they are wonderful--look like miniature triceratops and move in a two steps forward, one step backwards jig). A very exciting place, this rural Hawaii. fortunately nothing very dangerous when it comes to wildlife.
Val, Mila, and Mariah vlbzwick at yahoo.com