[Dailydrool] skunked

Carol Shreiner via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Sep 21 05:57:54 PDT 2015

Hello. I tried loading the archives to see what I could find about how to
get rid of skunk odors, but they do not seem to be loading this morning. I
figure I'd try the next best thing, which is you all!
This is a first for me. Dozer managed to get into something skunky
yesterday morning. I am not sure if he was actually sprayed by a skunk or
if it was residual, but he came into the house in the morning and brought
with him an odor so foul it made my eyes burn! He was not barking or making
any noise outside in the early hours of the morning (which would have
brought the other two outside through the dog door), but whatever he
brought back inside I can still smell today after giving him 2
peroxide/baking soda/dish soap rinses, a bath and final vinegar rinse and
cleaning for nearly the entire day yesterday. I used nature's miracle on
all the upholstery and washed all curtains and fabrics he could have
possible come in contact with. I also removed all the throw rugs. I do not
have carpeting in the house. I wiped down other surfaces with an
industrial-strength oxidation cleanser, and I will say that most of the
smell is gone. The smell on him was concentrated on his head/ears and he
smells much better. It is the house that still has residual odor. Any tips
on eliminating the residual odor?
Thanks!
Carol

PS-I closed the dog door last night!