[Dailydrool] Sheradyn-Dazzle & Lacey

CenturyLink Customer via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Sep 23 11:44:04 PDT 2015

My mother used to say "trouble comes in threes". I didn't realize that meant vet bills too.
I met with  my vet  yesterday afternoon about some concerns I have with these senior girls. We could use some drool if anyone has some to spare. I'm lucky to have a vet who will work with me on the bills which will add up quickly this time. I've been a client of this vet clinic since our sons were in grade school who  are in their mid to late 40's now.  They are still the most affordable vets around. They've taken care of my hounds for all those years as well as horses when we had them and the goats too.

Sheradyn's meds have been changed because the clindamycin didn't do much to clear up the yeast infection in her ear . She' ll be having a dental in the near future. W e think there may be a link  to the ear infection because she has a hu ge rear molar that needs to be pulled.  She'll have  her toofers cleaned as well .  She is staying on rimadyl for the foot and leg injury. She may have some nerve damage which will take longer to heal. She is walking and using that leg and foot but if that l eg collapses on her she can't lift herself back up so I'm using the sling I made to help her back up onto that leg. It's working quite well and didn't cost anything since I used fabric I had in my stash.

Dazzle, age 12, had a large mass removed from her side mid-April. The incision was over ten  inches long and was slow to heal. There's still a small spot at the end of  it that hasn't completely healed over. A few days ago a round mass about the size of a golf ball appeared on her hip a few inches from that spot. Dazzle goes in tomorrow morning to have it removed and the spot that won't healed taken off as well since there's a lot of scar tissue built up at that spot.

La cey was jumped by Juliet (the brat child in my pack)  and has a puncture wound that isn't healing properly and needs scar tissue removed and possibly a few stiches as well. It's in the loose skin just behind her head on her neck.  I'm continuing to treat this till we can schedule her appointment.

The hounds are singing drool far and wide to all who need some including these three girls on the home front.

(My apologies for the ???? marks in some of my posts. I have no idea they are there till I see the list.)

Jacqie and the Senior Lowdown Hounds of Oakrydge

oakrydgebh at q.com