[Dailydrool] Basset sighting in Santa Cruz on West Cliff Drive

Dale Rutz via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Sep 27 16:00:54 PDT 2015

Hi all, it's the ever clueless momPerson here,
I raced in the Santa Cruz Triathlon today my fourth year in a row for this race.... it was a blast.  There were seals in the water at the start .... so no sharks.  It was foggy on the bike ride up to Davenport so that kept our eyes on the road because the views were obscured.  Also reduced tourist traffic ..... a LOT which is good because we're doing 30 - 40 mph on bikes and they are doing 50-60 in the cars so ...... anyway I had a strong swim and a really fast bike and I was on record pace to set a personal best every and then in the very last mile of the run .......
And along came a basset walking the other way along side his bloodhound brother just as adorable as you please so of course I had to stop and there was some protocol involved apparently you pet the bloodhound first and if he says ok then you can pet the basset so I checked in with him and he was fine with it so I played with the basset who wiggled and danced and was precious beyond words and then ..... I realized I'd spent just short of THREE minutes playing with the basset and his brother so I said goodbye and ran off to finish the race.
I did set a personal best, I was 5 minutes faster this year than last ...... flat on the swim, 10 minutes faster on the bike and then somehow I picked UP a few minutes on the run due to circumstances beyond my control.
Hey was that a drooler out there in Santa Cruz today??
Dale ... aka the clueless momPerson ...... who has PRIORITIES ...... ok??