[Dailydrool] And the story continues

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Apr 2 16:50:07 PDT 2016

So, this morning in the paper is an article about the murder suspect in the death around the corner from us. The article says that the suspect has one dog and one cat, and that the dog bolted and was found running intraffic, terrified, and was taken in by a neighbor. tHen there is a photo of the dog and it is NOT the one I found and I am not the neighbor listed. hUh? So who is this dog that I've got and why is the HHS  leading me to believe the one I found belongs to that household.? They can't tell me a thing. Confidentiality. But don't say anything to anybody. .???

So I got fed up and put "Blossom" on a leash and started walking door to door down Mahilani street asking "Who owns this dog"? And was dirrcted to the house where the shooting occurred. The suspect, an elderly man, had been released from police custody " pending further investigation" and was wandering in his yard. I sar down with him and we had a chat for about an hour. He seems to suffer some sort of dementia, with confusion and absent periods, but was lucid. He tells me his daughter is coming to  move him out tomorrow--the house has been foreclosed, his wife had been despondent over finances (and I imagine his health) and committed suicide, and he feels quite lost. The dog I have and the one in the paper are both his but he doesn't think he can care for them anymore, so he asked that I take them and find them a home together. So now I have two extra dogs. I will have to check with police to see if I  can adopt them out. I feel badly for the man and hope his daughter can help him, no matter what happened to his wife.  I think I should also try to speak to the dauhter tomorrow and see if she wants to take her parents'dogs. Anyone out there want two part pitbulls who seem vey nice (though my bassets are not pleased with their presence here). Val of Hawaii  vlbzwick at yahoo.com