[Dailydrool] GrCH Red Bay Praline Parfait (Lena) ATB

Sandi Wittenberg via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Apr 3 16:26:01 PDT 2016

Grand Champion Red Bay Praline Parfait (Lena)
January 13, 2010 - April 3, 2016
My beautiful, sweet, funny girl has traveled to the Bridge into the waiting
arms of her other Momma, Pat. I am sure there will be a joyous reunion. Lena
was the best basset (conformation wise) that Pat and I had bred. She
finished her Championship and Grand Championship very quickly and loved the
show ring.
Lena was the sweetest basset I have ever had. She was good with all other
dogs and never got involved in pack politics. She was a gracious hostess and
welcoming party of one to new bassets to the pack. She loved puppies and
took great joy in her own beautiful litter of 6 last May. Lena also had a
great sense of humor and she knew when to use it. The day she finished her
Championship was a very hot day and show pictures were not high on either of
our agendas but they were necessary. Lena was not impressed and proceeded to
"melt" every time I got her stacked. The photographer got just a giggle out
of it that he sent me the picture. I will have to dig it out and post it.
My heart is broken but I know I did the right thing at the right time. It
does not make it hurt less.
Heart of a Dog
It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart
with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of
their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be
dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are. - Anonymous

Sandi Wittenberg

Red Bay Bassets