[Dailydrool] Ours do the Basset 500

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Apr 13 15:55:47 PDT 2016

I'm guessing the difference between "zooming" and the "basset 500" is whether the basset runs in a straight line, then turns and runs back in a straight line (zooming?) or whether the basset(s) run in large circular loops around furniture, around rooms, houses, what-have-you. Mariah and pitbull Jane, with Mila sometimes joining, run the basset 500. Starting in the livingroom past the sofa into one side of the kitchen, out the other side of the kitchen, back through the dining space past the other side of the sofa and around again. sOmetimes they change it up with One dog breaking off at the exit of the kitchen and down the hall, through the spare bedroom (which has two doors) out the second door of the spare bedroom to cut off at the pass the other dog as it races through the second leg of past the couch. iN the cut em off at the pass version, the dogs collide and wrestle before righting themselves and heading past the first pass by the sofa. It is sheer joy to watch. Ipo, the second pit, finds it all too rowdy for her tastes and seeks shelter away from the galloping dogs. It's been a week and a half since the long legged houseguests have been here, and it is really surprising to me how well this very odd pack is coalescing. The only growling is at night for access to the favorite beds and sleeping spots now. We are trying again this week for adoptions at Petco. Val of Hawaii with Mariah, Mila, and the pits Jane and Ipo. Vlbzwick at yahoo.com