[Dailydrool] Bugsey's neighbor brat

Valerie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Apr 28 21:16:17 PDT 2016

Dear Bugsey,
  We sympathize with your struggles with the neighbor brat. We have just acquired a set of our own, although they are not nasty like yours. Somewhere in our neighborhood a new family has appeared. They do not speak English. Mom thinks they might be speaking Chinese, but could be wrong. They do not understand English either. Each day now, twice a day, an older woman brings four small children who look to be between the ages of two and four over to our street. The children all wear pajamas, and they run back and forth in front of our fence and our neighbor's fence (there are two dogs there, and us four here.)  The little ones shriek at the top of their lungs and sometimes climb up the fences a little, and shriek some more, and the six of us dogs bark bark bark bark bark at them, which makes them shriek louder. The children are delighted. The older woman stands in the street and watches. Mom can't tell if we dogs are having fun or are really annoyed. But the adults in the houses around us are clearly annoyed. If mom doesn't go out and call our crew  inside, this can go on for fifteen minutes (which is a violation of the county noise ordinance which only allow ten minutes of barking before fines apply). Mila and I are the worst barkers of the bunch.  oNce we are inside, Gucci and Maverick next door are pretty quiet, the novelty seems to wearoff for the little ones and the family ambles away. Mom is hoping these folks are just visitors and not a permanent new addition to our street. That's our news. Jane and Ipo are still here. mAriah the maraudah of Hawaii. Vlbzwick at yahoo.com