[Dailydrool] Annie and vomiting

Chyril S via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Aug 6 15:51:06 PDT 2016

Marlene,
Heading drool to your beautiful Annie. I understand exactly where you are coming from. My beloved Harley (ATB) had a spell where he began vomiting blood and not just a small amount. I tried some peptobismol to help calm his stomach which did not help. I took him to the VA Tech Vet School emergency vet services and we waited. Harley seemed ok, he just didn't feel well. The first year vet student was checking us in and wanted to check Harley's temperature. While looking for thermometer Harley vomited a large pool of blood. The student about gagged himself and ran out for help. The more experienced 5th year student came out to take Harley in the back and told me what was going to happen over night, and that they would call with an update. They could find no cause for the blood vomiting. All tests came back fine and he receive some fluids as precaution. They figured it was stress related. The results were sent to our regular vet who said as long as it doesn't happen again we won't stress over it for now. His appetite returned and he was fine. It was a one time episode, but a very scary one. I watched him carefully for days until we finally settled back into our regular routine. Just give Annie a few days and she should be back to normal, but just watch her for your own piece of mind. I think I made Harley paranoid for few days since I would follow him outside to make sure he was alright. He gave me some odd looks. Lol.
My Annabelle uses her water bowl to wash her jowls just like Hannah. Poor Cassie goes over to drink and she creeps over slowly to see what is floating in the water before drinking. I have out 2 water bowls to help with the suitation and that helps until Annabelle washes in both bowls. It's a never ending struggle and I wish you the best with it.
Healing drool to all in need.
Chyril server to Annabelle and Cassie and Harley  (ATB) with Olivia  (ATB)chyrils at yahoo.com

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 6 edge.