[Dailydrool] From Ms MertaLou

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Wed Aug 10 06:36:21 PDT 2016

​Well it is already very warmish outside and this leads me to the latest
problem to arise here at *Chez MertaLou.*
I was outside checking the perimeter with the Black Dog (I mean someone has
to be sure it is done correctly and he tends to be in haste. For part of
that time the Mai----the MotherPerson (ha ha almost said "MAID"! Hahahah.)
was out with us, scouring the estate grounds to be sure we did not step in
anything untoward, if you catch my drift, and watering the bush that has
little buds on it that will make small, red berries that are mmmmlicious.
But she went through door and left us outside.
Perhaps you do not see the problem.
There is a handle on the door that is easy if you have thumbs but not so
great if you do not and we do not and it was warming up outside already in
the seventies with NO WIND NOT A DROP and no outside water. (bugs ooooo
bugs get in it and then I cannot drink it anyway!) I love bugs but it is
unethical to hunt them and eat them when they are drowning.
I politely mentioned this to the the the MotherPerson.
Helloooooo I said, we are still oooouuut here!
And did she let us in?
No.
She did not.
I'm busy she yells. Oh well pardonnamoi!
Helooooooooooooooooooooo, I sing out again. We are oooouuut heeere may we
come in?
IM BUSY, She screeches back.
 Oh now really. Since when?
HEY! I call out. LETTUCE IN NOW
and what do you think? She gets Snotty!
I will not tell you what she said because it demeans us all but once again
I repeated my order that she let us in. The black dog, I note, is
tip-toeing off into the yard. What a waste of beautiful black fur!
LEMME IN LEMME IN NOW  DO YOU HEAR ME LEMME IN NOW
Well that got her. she did open the door and she is snarling and spitting
and do I care? I do not. She must learn to answer the first summons and do
it with a smile and a treat would be nice as well.
Working on this.

Cheers and good health to all
Ms MertaLou, Professional Lady Basset
written from my desk in jail.