[Dailydrool] Elevators

Riche Churchill via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Aug 12 18:29:38 PDT 2016

Many years ago, DP and I and two dogs attended a Waddle headquartered at
a multi-story hotel. Our dogs did not seem to notice anything unusual
about riding in an elevator. However, on one trip, DP entered with the
Basset and I followed with the other dog lagging behind. As soon as I
stepped aboard, the door began closing. My dog was still outside!
Fortunately for both of us, the dog was a 10-lb. Shih Tzu, and I hauled
her in (much like landing a fish) just before the door fully closed. Had
it been the 70-lb. Basset instead, I shudder to think of the
consequences as I doubt the door's safety feature would have been
alerted by a thin strap. I still shudder at the remembrance. Obviously,
I was not thinking (the cause of most accidents). Believe me, we kept
the dogs right by our sides from then on when elevators were involved,
as I hope you also will now, if you hadn't thought about it before.
Riche
buglr at blomand.net