[Dailydrool] Dog friendly areas

Jane Hay via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Aug 13 05:18:19 PDT 2016

I don't know about the state of NC as a whole, but the Raleigh area is very
dog friendly as long as they are on a leash. There are a number of stores
in the area that dogs are welcome at and many restaurants with outside
dining areas where dogs are welcome. We used to camp a lot at the area
lakes and the dogs were always welcome at the camp grounds but I don't
remember what the beach policy was. The hounds used to be a great hit when
we were camping. As far as housing, I know some of the town home areas with
home owner associations do have weight and how many pets you can have
restrictions but then there are places like where my daughter lives that
have none (she had two HUGE mastiffs at her town home). Same with some of
the developments in the area. At one time our village had a dog limit of
two or three which we broke all the time when we were fostering and then
when we had four permanent hound residents. I heard a couple of years ago
that they had ditched that rule. We've always been lucky and have had
terrific neighbors who know we rescue and have never had a problem when we
had as many as six hounds here. All of the local communities have at least
one dog park if not two or three so I would say this area is very dog
friendly.

We're having a very hot, quiet summer here this year. Suzy's allergies are
flaring but everyone has been well here at the Hay house. Toby and the
Houndettes send get well and heart healing drool to all in need.

Jane, Toby and the Houndettes
Shadow, Suzy & Ginger