[Dailydrool] Different perspectives

Kathy Wilson via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sun Aug 14 15:33:05 PDT 2016

Hi Terry,

We're having a various of that discussion at our house (I'm 63, hubby is 71)
but I continue to think that the presence of dogs helps to keep us young
(ish!).  We have two old hounds at the moment - Twink, the basset is 13 and
Hooter the harrier is 15.  While I'm not sure we're up for a puppy when
these two make their trip to the bridge, I don't see a reason not to have an
older hound join us as we all gracefully age together.  As to the tying
down, we have that discussion too, and have agreed that the next dog will
learn about doggie day care and boarding from the outset - something none of
our many dogs have done to date, as we've always had family around or had
very good luck with dogsitters.  Here's hoping your wife will see the
benefits of life with bassets and not make Edgar the last of the line!

Kathy Wilson, Twinkletoes, Hooter the harrier, and Moose (ATB)

kmwlaw at cox.net