[Dailydrool] It WAS a dark and scary night!

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Aug 16 14:04:53 PDT 2016

​From the desk of
The Fearless, Indomitable Professional Lady Basset
MertaLou

It has come to my attention that the Mother put something somewhere public
about my encounter with the large and ominous Round Creature by the fence
last night/early this morn.

Now you must understand that it was dark and rainy. The ground was soft and
soggy underfoot and sounds were muffled. A grey pall of rain and haze hung
over the darkened yard.
Doc was nowhere to be seen: in the early morn having a black coat makes one
invisible but I didn't notice him nearby and Conley was nowhere--he had
gone back by the house when I encountered the Round Monster, behind the
Raspberry bush, which is heavy with buds and thorns, dark and ominous in
the rain. And the monster bubbled and gurgled, digesting some small furry
animal no doubt, a little fuzzy bunny baby perhaps that had fallen into his
clutches.
Stunned by the apparition before me, it's ghastly rubbery arm reaching down
into the bowels of the very earth upon which I stood, it snarled and
muttered nasties at me. My very soul trembled but I did not leave I stood
my ground with my hair bristled and my tail tucked protectively beneath me.
I would protect my family from this fiend, this terrible creature if it
meant my death, if it ripped me from ear to ear and head to

Oh hey it's Mom! Hey look what I...what come in? Ok yeah hey that sounds
great WAIT WAIT WAIT FOR ME!

Well.
Nevertheless I tried.

Cuddles to those in need,