[Dailydrool] "Can't Catch Him" and "Peeing in the house"

Julie Canny via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Tue Aug 16 15:13:31 PDT 2016

Way too funny and way too real!  We thought that Miss MacKenzie was peeing
in the house because of her UTI.  Not so, she was trudging outside more
often, but not peeing in the house.  It turns out it was Guinness.  Rugs,
wood floors, tile floors - it didn't matter.  The only place he does not go
is the kitchen (snacks might fall on the floor) and our bedroom (he sleeps
there).  He used to go out the dog door and down the ramp to the back
yard.  Then he got lazy and just went out the dog door to the back porch.
Then one day he seemed to think (and that's quite a rare word to use with
him) hey.... It's so much easier to pee inside.  We've been crating him and
putting him out in the back yard every morning.  Fewer accidents, but we're
not trained to do this anymore.

It turns out that he didn't want to go down the dog ramp.  Apparently the
no slip strips were falling off from 7 years of wear and tear.  He was
rolling down the ramp and having a hard time coming up.  (It's not that
steep)  We caught MacKenzie slipping down the ramp again.

BAD MOMMY and DADDY.

Now to fix the ramp and retrain the bad boy.  Bad boy turns 5 tomorrow.
Sigh.....

Julie.a.canny at gmail.com