[Dailydrool] Gracie Lou

Ellen Cole via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Aug 18 16:02:10 PDT 2016

GracieLou FlatBasset celebrates her 10th Gotcha Day on Friday. We don't know exactly how old she actually is. It was estimated that she was 3-5 years old when we rescued her from ABC Basset Hound Rescue. GracieLou had a difficult start in life, she arrived at ABC after a raid of a puppy mill.  She was fearful of people but fine with other dogs. GracieLou has had an enjoyable and secure ten years. We had Magnolia and Oliver with her during most of this time. Oliver went to the bridge in 2013, joined by Magnolia last fall. GracieLou had never in her life been alone, prior to Magnolia's death, and it took a couple of months for her to grieve. She cried and howled and barked when left alone...to the point that she was literally hoarse. She has adjusted now, but we are going to soon throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing. My husband received a promotion, and we will soon be moving to an apartment in Salisbury, MA.  The only concern we have about the whole move is Gracie! We are investigating daycare options, because moving AND being alone might be too much too fast, but we have to work. Clearly we are concerned about our new neighbors in the apartment complex as well. Gracie typically snoozes day and night, but being alone in a strange place is a different story.  We welcome any constructive suggestions from Droolers.

Love to you and yours, Ellen & GracieLou FlatBasset

Sent from my iPad