[Dailydrool] Apoquel

Pat via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Aug 20 14:44:40 PDT 2016

We have a bloodhound in our pack. She is allergic to over 300 things. When Apoquel came out more than two years ago it was a miracle to behold. We have not had any side effects. Fortunately we can get it more readily now. 2 years ago we had such a hard time getting it. Pippa takes 16 mg daily. She is a full blood bloodhound.
We have been told that you must keep taking it..on a regular basis to maintain a certain level of it in the bloodstream.
On the flip side...after two and a half years it seems that she is building up a resistance to its effects.  It still helps. Not as much. She doesn't scratch herself bloody but she definitely has good and bad days. She is on an extremely limited diet ( some of the Instinct formulas are good for Pippa) .
We had her allergy tested at Perdue Univ .

Good luck...it is very hard to see them go through it.

Pat And Rudy
lilygurl.pat at gmail.com
Sent from my iPad