[Dailydrool] Apopquel

Sabrina Nicholls via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Aug 22 15:44:28 PDT 2016

I've had a lot of experience with Apoquel, all good. When I adopted
Gumbo he was 5 years old. He had an e-collar because he'd been chewing
his itchy foot and he was on prednisone, antibiotics, ear drops, eye
drops... He's very allergic. Both the rescue vet and my vet think it's
environmental allergies. He's on a limited ingredient diet but Apoquel
has made all the difference. His first year, Apoquel became so popular
that it was difficult to get. When we couldn't get it, he had ear
infections, chewed his foot, his skin was warm to the touch from
inflammation at times. We'd have to put him on prednisone and sometimes
an antifungal until Apoquel became available again. His still has
problems now and then and take a lot of care, but I love Apoquel. I also
tried Atopica because he had an itchy neck. It handles the allergies
about the same but is said to have more side effects, and it's more
expensive.

Sabrina, Ellie, and Gumbo
brii at sprynet.com