[Dailydrool] ?Grain free?

Beverly Szaton via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Aug 26 23:58:56 PDT 2016

​I feed MertaLou and Doc Acana Meadow something or Regional Wild something
or whatever it is.  It is grain free and therefore is the question I have
because it is an observation and not scientific and probably a quirk of my
dogs and so on and so forth BUT

I do feed Grain-Free (Conley is on a lo-cal dog food) and with the grain
free I have noticed a definite up-tick in the amount of grass and plant
life the dogs eat. I mean, they go out the door and graze like little
tri-colored cows or sheep. In the spring I was used to it but now-- my
heavens! Their stools are normal, not grassy like when they don't feel
well, and they do not throw up. And I wonder,

Is this because they NEED grain in their diet?

Maybe not as much as the food companies put in to make the food cheaper to
produce, but a certain amount anyway. Maybe Grain-free is more an allergic
thing than a general health thing. Or, maybe my dogs just dig grass.

Just by way of conversation: Mitchell would not touch anything that was
Eukanuba-- not the food or treats or anything.
Cooper would not eat Blue Buffalo, spit it out on the floor and walked away
more than once.
Cooper also disliked one wine brand but now I do not remember which it
was...

Drool on!
MomPerson to MertaLou, Conley & Doc

bgszap2 at gmail.com