[Dailydrool] Food and Ears

Nancy via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Mon Dec 5 04:50:45 PST 2016

Hi Bev,

We used to feed Charlie and Paige a very expensive, highly-touted,
locally-made, human-grade dog food. One evening we were talking to our
neighbors who are both veterinarians, and we mentioned that Charlie
often had gas pains in the morning, bad enough to make him whimper and
try to stretch out as long as he could go. The vets said it's probably
the food, so change him to something more innocuous and less rich.

We switched to Taste of the Wild. We buy any/all flavors, but mostly
stick with the "Pacific Stream" salmon version, and we auto-order from
chewy.com. Not only did Charlie's gas go away and we are saving a lot of
money, but both dogs' ears are amazingly clean! I haven't cleaned
Charlie's ears in over six months, and they are clean to look at and
clean to smell. Paige is a dark tri and is naturally a little more oily,
but I only need to clean her ears every month or so. Our own vet agrees,
their ears are in great shape.

Lesson learned: the best dog food is the one that's best for your
particular dog, and that's not necessarily the best food money can buy.

Nancy, owned by Charlie and Paige
nancykay9 at gmail.com