[Dailydrool] Things you say to your dog that you hope others don't understand

Mary Wilson via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Sat Dec 10 13:02:36 PST 2016

... or at least don't know the underlying reason for! Does anyone else have
these? This morning I was looking at Paddi who was halfway out the door
into the rain and I intoned, as I always do, "Whole dog, all the way!"

Seems sensible -- not letting draughts in -- but I know the Real and
Dreadful Reason that I say it. Vernon Q Basset, who did not care for
inclement weather but did understand that when nature called he had to
respond outside, felt that once head and shoulders were outside, the
demands of "Outside" had been met -- and the demands of nature could thus
be met too. "Whole dog all the way" was a ringing command heard often in
the back porch when we had Vernon Q with us.

Anyone else have private commands like these? I know I'm not the only
person who has had a boy dog with this idea!

Mary
with Paddi B, who wouldn't dream of doing THAT, and Simba, who might well.
And Clio the cat who is disgusted with the whole conversation