[Dailydrool] Poor Browyn the Fairy Princess

Jennifer Martin via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Dec 16 01:53:43 PST 2016

Well, poor little Browyn managed to scratch her eye yesterday. All three
bassets went to to play and wrestle at lunch. She was perfectly fine then.
Everyone went to take a nap and when we got up, I was trying to get
Christmas wrapped and ready to go in the mail. Well, Browyn was following
me around and crying nonstop. I lost my temper and yelled at her. Then I
looked at her and the third eyelid was up over her eye and upon further
inspection, it was completely blood shot. So I called the vet and miracle
of miracles, they had an appointment available in an hour. So I apologized
for being short and tried to snuggle with the poor Fairy Princess. For
once, she was not interested in going anywhere, so I had to carry her to
the car (at 35 lbs., it is easier to just pick her up than try to drag
her). We get there and she doesn't want to play with any of the other dogs
or people for that matter. When they put the orange stuff in her eye, she
had a scratch. Fortunately it isn't too deep. Meanwhile, we are putting 2
drops in her eye twice a day and she may have metacam as needed. She was
feeling well enough to at least sleep on the couch in the evening after her
meds. Meanwhile I am feeling terrible for having yelled at her for being in
pain. Hopefully we will both get over it. With any luck, Christmas will get
in the mail today. Hug your hounds and try not stress too much this holiday
season! Merry Christmas!

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess
timandjenmartin at gmail.com