[Dailydrool] Howdy from Montana

Leslie via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Fri Dec 16 06:37:55 PST 2016

We are ready for the possibility of 50 degrees below zero if any slight
wind comes up........That is a number with wind/chill factor. Still
pretty cold!! Thanks to Glenda up in Alaska all the dogs have additional
new coats now to wear.   Their coats do get wet when outside, especially
belly areas so thanks so very much Glenda.  My horses have a barn,
shelter , plenty of food and horse blankets even if need.  They are
Montana horses and are used to frigid weather, but in extreme situations
such as this, I do pamper them. All the 12 cats in our feline fort have
a heater going: safe heater.  Plus, I have those thick orange /disks/
that you can heat up in the microwave and stay warm for the cat houses
on my porch: "lost and found"..(her name)....she sleeps in a cylinder
soft thick special cat house with the disc and it lasts for up to 6-8
hours.  She prefers the porch and at sunrise she claws at the front door
screen to make sure we all are awake as she knows FOOD THEN COMES!! LOL

Thanks to everyone everywhere:  we have propane, we have special food
and meds, and some operating expenses to get us by ........very very
grateful to each of you !!  I am snowed in right now and I called for
someone to shovel me out......he is a good friend and his old truck does
a great job.  So here and on our facebooks Elecia Ames.....Leslie
Ames......and Basset REscue of MT> fb's WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY HOWLIDAY ,
Merry Christmas to each of you and healing drool being sent your way if
needed to heal your heart.  During the holidays especially-- loosing a
love, a best friend, a family member, or anyone..........I lost my
father yesterday back in 1983 due to Cancer and he was attending
Stanford University : law degree.   Very very sad.

But the good news is :  we are here in Montana helping hounds and
hopefully will continue.

--
Basset Rescue of Montana
Leslie Ames - President & Shelter Manager