[Dailydrool] Out of hospital. :-)

VIRGINIA OLIVEIRA via Dailydrool dailydrool at lists.dailydrool.org
Thu Dec 29 20:54:08 PST 2016

Dear Furends,

A week before Christmas, my depression got so bad, so scary that I had to call 911.
After a day of exams I was admitted for a recharge of batteries and diminish the anxiety and by doing so, fighting the depression that was a little too strong.
I'm enrolled in a day program that will start in Jan, and when Feb ends I will be ready to make changes.
Get a dog!!!!
Yes! My sister was worried about me and what I am able to do, and I understand people trying to guide my life, but the psychiatrist said loud and clear : she needs a dog. My sis worries I couldn't care fore the dog. So I pretended grabbing poop on the floor. Ok, then sis found another reason I couldn't have a dog: cannot afford for expensive care if the dog needs. She is not wrong, just worrying about my future, but I said I will have a health insurance for the dog. This kind of settled the issue. And since when having a dog became a privilege of the rich people?
After the "meeting" with my psychiatrist, it became clear that I not only want a dog, I NEED one. It was when I left my babies with ex-husband that I began to get sick with depression.
So I thought that those who know me, and knew my babies Violeta and Xaxa, would like to know that after so much heartbreak, things finally look better for 2017.
I'm back to my religion, will do volunteer work.
So, for those who suffer from depression/anxiety, there is hope! And we all know how sad it was to lose one of us for this disease.

I wish for each and every one of you a very peaceful 2017, with all and your bassets and wannabes.
And may all bassets find a home in 2017. I will pray and work for that.
With love for my drooler furends,
Virginia ( mom of Violeta and Xaxa - both in heaven now).

Miriam Virginia Oliveira (Duda )
duda.tuppence at shaw.ca